Sunday, March 30, 2014

Stone Ships - A two Page Dungeon PDF

Sort of a space filler that I did up for this.
I've been working on a One Page Dungeon for the Contest of the same name, and yet being a verbose person, despite my best efforts, I couldn't cram this concept into anything less then two page.  It's almost a dungeon generator of sorts - kind of like what I've been doing for the wreck hunting in my current ASE campaign.  Anyhow since it was 90% done before I gave up on fitting it onto a page, I give it to the public as two!  I sort of envision it in the same world as Brittlestone Parapets or The Prison of the Hated Pretender - a post-apocalypse of a purely magical variety.

STONE SHIPS - PDF

Maps are what really takes up space
Take a look at the PDF and download yourself a way to generate dying earth style abandoned vessels that might make an astute player think of the German High Seas Fleet, and it's scuttling at Scapa Flow.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome corollary to The Red Demon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I does have a certain similarity, I think a key difference though is that the Red Demon presumes a Science Fantasy world, while this presumes a high/vanilla fantasy world after a collapse - not an apocalypse, but the fall of empire and a dark age. Strangely after playing around with ASE and the steam/diesel punk Apollyon for so long I think something like this with technology as magic has a great appeal. Any scenario from the 19th - 21st century can be fiddled with making the tech high magic and one can still keep a good bit of D&D's basic Tolkienesque worldview - only now elves all have magic cancer.

      Delete